1. Candace says:

Honestly, it’s the other way around at the church I pastor. We love and foster the questions and find the world is ready to give you all the answers. I have worked hard to make my congregation love the questions, and it can be done!

2. Gary says:

Ironically…the average fundy will see this as a compliment rather than a challenge.

3. Jimmy says:

As the saying goes, a picture speaks a thousand words. I think your cartoon portrays the reality of organised religion very well. Organised religion likes to promote certainty, but spirituality accepts and embraces the beauty of mystery. I have come to realise that the topics on life, death and afterlife are a mystery in most parts, and our beliefs are ultimately personal and subjective.

4. nakedpastor says:

I’m glad Candace. The last church I pastored was pretty good at that too. Until it decided to change its mind. But that’s when I left.

5. Candace says:

And if my congregation changes its mind, I will leave.

6. AL says:

I saw this and I couldn’t help but respond with a resounding … YES!!! YES!!!! YES!!!!!

7. Pat Pope says:

Hmm…questions in the world abound and all some churches are doing is making proclamation after proclamation, with no real answers to what the world is asking.

8. Carol says:

Ah, yes, dogmatic absolutism–one of the three most common reasons that the Church(es) are hemorraghing members.

The other two are self-righteous judgmentalism and sectarian triumphalism.