how to overcome greed

how to overcome greed cartoon by nakedpastor david hayward

“How To Overcome Greed” by David Hayward (ink, colored pencil, pencil, 8″x8″)

(*Several of my original cartoon drawings and prints are available, including this one! Email me if interested. Original drawings are $100 and prints are $25… plus shipping.)

Happy shopping y’all!

1. Bonnie says:

brilliant!!!

2. Laura Flanders says:

: ) : )

3. Steve Martin says:

More evidence of our great need.

Things are not that bad with us.

They are a lot worse than that.

Excellent!

Why do we lament that humans poison their environment? Gaia is fine. This bug called “homo sapiens” may die but life shall continue. We have had thousands of years to prove ourselves and failed — time to make room for another evolutionary experiment!

Well, that is the cynicism your cartoon inflicted on me this morning. Maybe I should go to church to get a little more faith. ;-)

5. Marsha Bailey says:

I so agree. I don’t understand the whole trampling thing…for what?

Last weekend, I avoided the crush and took the Queen streetcar to Ten Thousand Villages, where I found gorgeous unique and ethical gifts for everyone on my list.

6. Kris says:

This is why I get pissed of when Fundamentalists Christians force retailers to make Jesus the Reason for mindless consumption. The store blasts Christmas music over the loud speakers as people are fighting with each other for stuff.

7. Brigitte says:

Nothing like another How-To book.

Dear Kris, really. That’s good, old Mammon, as per usual, nothing fundamentalist Christian.

We had a Roman Catholic speaker at our college the other day and somehow people got the idea that we could celebrate the immaculate conception in March, since that’s really the miracle, not the birth, instead of Christmas, to escape the racket. But the idea was dropped as people thought that most people can’t be cured of their habit of Christmas consumption. (Too bad we need this sort of thing to keep the world economy slipping further. What would happen if we stepped off the treadmill.)

8. The Blackest of Fridays!

It’s now being imported into the UK – HELP!!!

Can nothing stand in the way of the American Dream/Nightmare?

9. Barry House says:

Nice comment Brigette, and funny.

In my quiet reflections alone or during worship at church there are so often thoughts of the distraction of striving to be highminded, and intellectual moron when all God requires is that we be obedient and move forward into enjoying life and the freedom he has made availiable. The new theological chat circles are meant to replace the old life’s moments of ‘drunken debauchery’ from which we came. They hopefully move us toward real and genuine relationships with the important people around us and in our daily lives but to gain stratosperic or exopheric knowledge without those changes at the root and I often think “Whats the point?”

Surely by now you’d think we see the craziness and madness of the “Black Fridays” but the cartoon is a funny if not realistic reminder that we have a long ways to go and that head knowledge is not to be confused with heart knowledge.

Hmmmm

“The American dream is the Canadian reality” – Dr D.Atha (The dr shared for the intent of amusing…somewhat. For the most part he meant what he said from his personal experience)

Hope all Canadians are enjoying such luck and favor and fate.