my book A Year of Biblical Manhood

a year of biblical manhood book cartoon by nakedpastor david hayward

Rachel Held Evans has written a book A Year of Biblical Womanhood. To visit her site, CLICK HERE. Her facebook fanpage is HERE. I haven’t read it yet, but I will. I was hoping she’d offer to give me a copy to give away (hint hint wink wink nod nod).

So this is my idea for a book, A Year of Biblical Manhood. I just need to find several women who will let me use them for a year.

1. Syl says:

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your perspective) you have a wise and confident woman who’ll make sure that ain’t gonna happen! Thank you, Lisa, for keeping David sane!

2. Gary says:

Powerful truth David. Love the illustration…lol. But love the point in it even more.

3. Kris says:

hahahaha!

4. Phyllis says:

Fantastic!

5. Maybe PromiseKeepers will take this up as their new textbook?

6. Kathy says:

Would love to help, but the only man allowed to use me is Jesus.

7. Crystal ( the original ) says:

No, of course you’re not sane, David. You’re weird, but in a very nice way.

8. ed cyzewski says:

Awesome!

Last week I wrote a few posts titled A Minute of Biblical Manhood because really, I’d probably be arrested if I tried to live like a biblical man today. It’s funny to see how clearly we can see the cultural differences when it comes to applying the Bible to men in the same ways it has been applied to women.

9. donna says:

Let’s really live biblical! Let’s raise the dead, heal the sick, stop storms, make money appear out of a fish, love when offended, etc. Let’s do all the stuff Jesus said we can do. Now that’s what I call living biblical! :-)

10. Tracy Williams says:

That cartoon speaks volumes. Thanks David. It is so true. Just see what happens when a woman tries to do ‘anything she wants’ or even ‘something important to her’. All hell breaks loose. I wish I hadn’t been trained to support ‘biblical manhood’, but I was. The unbrainwashing is a real chore.

11. Brigitte says:

Is polyamoury not next in godliness to gay marriage?

12. Brigitte says:

“Polyamory”, is the spelling apparently. (It is not a word I use every day but learned on the radio when CBC was discussing the BC Bountiful case re: poligamy and polyamorous “families”. In Canada, polyamory is permitted if the situation works both ways for males and females. However, it is not legally permitted if only the man can indulge in it, such as in Mormonism or Islam.)

13. Carstonio says:

Great illustration of the fundamentalist mentality toward women. The resemblance to posters from old James Bond movies is amazing and appropriate.