praise to the coffee god

praise to the god of coffee cartoon by nakedpastor david hayward
Sometimes our god doesn’t have to be that big.

*(Tonight I’m hosting a one-hour Webinar at davidhayward.ca for members called “Potluck #1″ at 8pm CST. I’m going to talk about how Sophia got started. I’m inviting people to BYO questions and ideas. I’m looking forward to a great discussion.)

1. Jacquie says:

David, as much as I am impatient to join in the forum events, or even post for that matter on the forum, I am just not up to scratch as yet.

Can’t wait for the day when it will be possible for me to be fully “joined” in all the good stuf you have got planned.

My good wishes to all my NP friends.

~~ Jacquie

2. Ang says:

Jacquie, Wishing you well and looking forward to the day you are back with us! It is such a great community.

This makes me want to try a cup of coffee, even thought I don’t like coffee. I’ll just have to stay with my Mt. Dew gods… smile…

3. Sarah says:

Tea gods, coca-cola Gods, you name it, they’tre out there!…

Cheers, David

4. nakedpastor says:

aw jacquie, i can’t tell you how much i miss you and how much we miss you over there. i’m sooooo looking forward to you joining in once again and providing us with your love and joy. get well :)

5. cass says:

ah yesss….although they make potent lovers, they are ungrateful bitches in that they take more than they give…

6. roseyaire says:

Praise be to the lord of caffeine. Just poured my first cup right now. This daylight savings time is messing me up.

7. PrayerPunk says:

I remember once I was sitting with a friend while I lovingly stirred my coffee. He could see the reverence in my attitude toward my coffee and he asked me about it. I replied, “My coffee is always there for me. It soothes me when times are tough, comforts me in the evening before I go to bed, helps me to wake up and face the day. When everyone else has forgotten I exist, I know that I still have coffee. I know you think I am totally crazy.” To which he replied, “No, I don’t think you are crazy, I just wish I had that kind of relationship with my coffee!”

8. nakedpastor says:

haha. that’s funny :)

9. Rick says:

I would pay good money for this on a coffee mug.

10. Candace says:

Could I introduce myself to the blog host and commenters?

Came here via comments at another blog and met David there. About to do a browse through the archives, looks like a fun place!

Look forward to saying hi to the regulars later. :)

11. nakedpastor says:

send me a thousand and i’ll get out my sharpie.

12. Kris says:

I feel the same way about my Mountain Dew at lunch:)

I am the devil.
    I take people away from their coffee god.
    In urology, if you wanna stop leaking, usually you must enter the scary land of a-caffeinism. But once you learn that exercise can do the same, it is even better than your previous god.
    But few can make that move.
    I wouldn’t want to take away anyone’s joys, as long as they don’t pee on my couch or floor, nor make me clean up their mess.
    I hope the parallels are painfully obvious! :-)

14. Jana says:

David, I love your cartoon!! It is uncomfortably true :D
    Sabio, I like that there is even a devil in this, just glad it isn’t me…

15. Rick says:

Well, granted it is easily worth a thousand. At the same time though for about $20 I can put it on a mug at CafePress.
    On the other hand if you had a shop there and I bought it, then I would still get the mug and you would get a percentage of the sale.

Just a thought.

16. Tarnya Burge says:

LOL! Love the cartoon. I have shared it on my coffee blog: http://illycapsules.co.nz/blog/

17. nakedpastor says:

Cool! Actually you might be happy to know that my wife and I like Illy coffee.