1. Jeff says:

Man does that ever hit home, These next comment are directly from a pastor’s letter that I rec’d a few weeks back.

“The latest financial reports show that (Churchname) is making the 2008 budget 112.04% YTD. Giving in June was 125.21% of the monthly budget! And yet there is cause for some concern and need for prayer. Much of the increased giving is apparently coming from newcomers to (Churchname). That’s good, of course, but giving reports from our Financial Secretary indicate that several (Churchname) members are not fulfilling their commitment to tithe. While I as senior pastor am, of course, very grateful for God’s provision in these difficult economic times, I am grieved that some members at (Churchname) are not obeying the Lord in this vital area of the Christian life—let alone breaking their commitments. I also think of how much more we could be doing for God if everyone was doing his/her part.”

I no longer attend.
    OH and BTW, the church is hardly every open and the giving programs were basically nonexistent.

2. Lionel Woods says:

Jeff are you serious?

3. Jeff says:

yes, very

4. nakedpastor says:

even if it isn’t said publicly, my experience is that pastors think this way, generally speaking. even i think this way once in a while, when i’m desperate. let’s admit it!

5. Jeff says:

David, I have watched you on youtube and been here a while and some of your comments really hit home with me. I love the Lord but I am so frustrated with the religious system that what have, so much scandle, control, greed, jealousy, fakeness(word?), on and on I could go. I feel like just giving up on the whole thing but God is so much more that all that and that I why I stay. I also value my family and giving up would mean serious consequenses in that arena.

6. Deanna says:

the sad truth is there really is a code red in some churches and then there are idiots in the situation portrayed in the cartoon who ruin it for the rest of us who are sincere.

Jeff, my heart goes out to you…understand…btdt…will pray for you.

7. I like that, do you mind if I use it for a post, if I put a link to you on it?