I have researched control on the internet. Type in “how to control people” and a vast array of articles will be available for you to educate yourself in this fine art.
Would you like to hear the top 10? Sure? Okay. Here goes:
- Do not let them know you are controlling them. Most people aren’t consciously willing to be manipulated. It is a subtle art controlling people without them knowing it.
- Keep them ignorant. Uneducated people are easier to control than educated ones. But we aren’t talking about higher education, but worldly education. Global understanding. There are PhD’s walking around who are experts in their field but woefully ignorant of the greater issues of life.
- Do not allow for original thought. Original thought undermines blind obedience. Tell people everything they need to know and that anything beyond that is taboo.
- Keep them entertained. Distraction is the best way of keeping people under sedation. Like the Roman stadiums kept the people docile, so too will mindless entertainment and distractions.
- Use an authoritative tone when speaking. Appearance is as good as the substance these days. Sound like an authority and people will believe you know what you are talking about.
- Have the appearance of power and the success that it brings. Smoke and mirrors are known deceivers because they work. Dress for success! Fake it ’til you make it. People respect suits.
- Take control of every situation possible. Your control cannot be provincial. It must be global. Dominate every domain and notice how people respect you. Every area of their lives, from their sex lives down to the last penny, must be under your jurisdiction.
- Dangle the carrot in front of them. Always keep the shiny object dangling just beyond their reach. Their goal. Their destiny. Their fulfilment. Their vision. Tantalize them. They will keep coming back for more.
- Instil guilt and fear of the consequences of not being controlled. Fear is the greatest motivator for aligning other people’s priorities to yours. And everyone knows guilt is the fastest way to get someone back in line.
- Manipulate their emotions. Get into their minds to see what makes them tick and take advantage of it. Build a false sense of security. Pretend to be a close friend and confidante. Identify and sympathize with their emotions and make a heart connection. This will form a bond that’s hard to break.
Interestingly, once a person has come to rely upon you for their knowledge, emotions, and advice for life, and once they need you to warm them, correct them, assure them and comfort them, then you have an addict for life. Once all the 10 above have been achieved, you have your addict.
I find it interesting too that many of these articles add at the end that they listed these so that you, the reader, will know when it is being done to you and that they are not to be used against people.
But then there are some articles that just flat out recommend these practices if you want to have power.
Is any of this familiar to you?
My cartoon book is all about this stuff. You can order it “nakedpastor101“: