dreams for men vs dreams for women

dreams for men vs dreams for women cartoon by nakedpastor david hayward

CLICK ON IMAGE TO GET A PRINT FROM MY SHOP

(GET A PRINT OF THIS CARTOON!)

Lisa and I have two sons and a daughter. We are fully aware of the dynamic presented in the cartoon.

Being aware of it is what can actually save you from doing this.

It is disappointing to see sexism, misogyny and discrimination against women so prevalent still in our society and especially in so many churches.

It is also good to see us advance in the right direction of equality and equal opportunity for all.

newsletter    art     community     books

1. JT says:

Interesting, as a father of a daughter that picture does not represent me one iota. Ah, the stereotypes and sexism abound even from the so called egalitarians.

2. And in my generation, that’s EXACTLY what happened. It’s still a thought process in my family. I am the reason things failed. Thank you David for making my day and helping me dump this image.

3. admin says:

Thankfully it doesn’t represent everybody.

You’re welcome Sheila!

4. JT says:

David, I wait for the inspired gender reversed picture. 😉

5. kris799 says:

The picture is not endorsing this type of behavior. It is a representation of what happens on a smaller and in a larger context.

Governments have even done this. During WWII, we had Rosie the Riveter and the women were encouraged to go work in the factories. Wonder Woman was even created around this time. After that, it was Father Knows Best and soap operas and women were supposed to be at home and be good wives and mothers.

6. Toymaker says:

@JT good for you that it doesn’t represent you. However as evidenced by your arrogant passive aggressive comments you have a whole set of other problems you need to work on.

7. Robin Janney says:

it’s even worse when both genders in your life teach that women are only here for men. very frustration.

8. JT says: