a fun infographic: a day in the life of a Christian blogger

"A Day in the Life of a Christian Blogger" infographic by nakedpastor David Hayward

“A Day in the Life of a Christian Blogger” infographic by nakedpastor David Hayward

Get a high-quality colorful print of this infographic HERE.

This is not a day in the life of every Christian blogger.

But it is for this one. Today.

In fact, you don’t have to be a Christian to identify with most of this.

I know some of her struggles.

Do you?

Interested in COMMUNITY?

Have you read my story of SOPHIA?

1. Sarah Ager says:

This is me today. It couldn’t have come at a more appropriate time. Thank you so much for making me laugh!

2. You’re welcome! 🙂

3. Tim says:

I’d say you don’t even need to be a blogger to get that infographic, David! I wrote a piece on how that type of thinking infects my life, and what it takes to struggle against it. If only your infographic were around them I could have used it! (Oh well, I think I will go back and include a link to this page now, just in case anyone stumbles upon the blog post I Hate It When I’m A Jerk.)

Cheers,
    Tim

4. Robin says:

So true. I know I’ve had days like that. It can be a struggle to write a spiritual theme into a novel that isn’t meant to be “Christian”…how far can I go with the love scenes without offending ppl, same with the swear words and gay characters etc…ugh…

5. I chose to conclude that it is impossible NOT to offend people.

6. Oh my goodness this is so exactly accurate. Every one of those thoughts. Except the parents one. (I don’t have any, so no worries.) Thank you, thank you, thank you for making me feel less alone here.

7. Absolutely freakishly, frighteningly accurate – including the part about the parents. How is it that you’ve seen into my soul?

8. haha. actually i just had to see into mine.

Well, if a Christian (albeit radically progressive one) can make fun of Christian bloggers, I thought this Atheist could make fun of atheist bloggers.
    Click here to see my modification of your art work, David — you never minded before, hope this is OK too!

I didn’t put it on my site, because I still want to hear people respond to my last post so I am leaving it up for a while.

10. i like mine better 😛

Well actually, so do I.
    But then, I ain’t no artist! 😉
    But it was fun playing with yours — thanx

12. I’m honored 🙂

13. sharon traweek says:

funny

14. kris799 says:

Wow, that is really good. Putting yourself out there can be so risky but it is often the ideas that offend people that generate the most discussion. I am starting to think that is the purpose of a blogger.

15. Thanks so much 🙂

16. Melody says:

Not a blogger, but do recognize most. Especially repressing anger and ‘ungodly’ thoughts. I write fan-fiction myself and can feel guilty when I’m proud about it (ungodly) yet also a little jealous when others get more reviews and such… also ungodly. I guess one can’t win… so glad I’m learning to recognize these negative thoughts and ditch them into the bin 🙂

17. Even though I used the word “ungodly”, I think these thoughts of jealousy, let’s say, are natural and everyone experiences them.

18. Melody says:

Exactly! It’s called being human 🙂 Trying to be superhuman or ‘godly’ only creates frustration as it becomes an unobtainable goal with constant failure as a result.

19. Elena says:

Oh, too funny and true. This applies not only to”Christian”bloggers, though. 🙂

20. I totally agree Elena. I knew that when I drew it. 🙂

21. Any christian at some point of her/his life would have undergone these thoughts. And, some like me, have to battle it out every day!

An infographic after my own mind.

Thanks.

Susan Deborah

22. Thanks Susan. It was fun to draw. And it reflects a lot of my own struggles.

23. Jesus H. Christ, aka The Savior says:

And then Jesus came upon his disciples and said, “Brethren, I’ve heard it said that I am to be a human sacrifice for your sins. May I asketh, who in the goddamn hell came up with that Neanderthal bullshit!!!???

Blood sacrifice!!!???? Are you all fucking insane!!!!????

Brethren, listen carefully as I tell you something of great importance.

The idea that the blood of a savage human sacrifice will drift up to the heavens and unleash magical powers of atonement from the invisible deity living there is, without a doubt, the most absurd, preposterous, revolting, sickening, evil and idiotic pile of Cro-Magnon donkey shit that the human mind has ever concocted in our entire history on planet Earth!!

Blood sacrifice!!!!! Do you hear what you’re fucking saying!!!????

Brethren, thou can all take your dying for sins lunacy and shove it straight up thy fucking asses!!!!!”

And Jesus’ disciples said, “Well shit, man!! Maybe we can get Billy Ray to die for our sins.

Otherwise, I guess we’re fucked.”

—-Jesus Christ, The lost Gospel of Sane Rational Thought

—-The disciples, as told to Kirk Cameron

1. July 26, 2014

[…] David Hayward created an infographic that covers how this looks in A Day In The Life Of A Christian Blogger. Funny […]