Have you seen this rare picture of Jesus in jail?

jesus in jail by david hayward nakedpastor
Have you been hurt by the church. Talk with me about it–> CLICK HERE!

I’m not sure what inspired the cartoon to be drawn this way.

It reminds me of my cartoon 10 Signs Your God is Abusive.

Jesus in jail!

• Some will say Jesus never started the church.
  • Some will say the true church isn’t a business.
  • Some will say the church doesn’t really hurt people.
  • Some will say I should focus on the good not the bad.

Well, the church is a business. The challenge is for it to be a good one that doesn’t hurt people but helps them.

My books are about freedom–> LOOK!

My art is about freedom–> SHOP!

I can help you recognize and walk in your own freedom–> WANNA CALL ME?

The Lasting Supper is full of free people–> JOIN!

1. Pat Pope says:

Not His fault that others ran with the concept and perverted it.

2. Not entirely the point, but imagine Jesus being arrested every time he suggested something anti-Rome.

3. Mike says:

The Church is not a business but a body; the Body of Christ. Read the letters of St. Paul in the New Testament. It’s very clear. Jesus Christ is the Head. The Church is holy because her Head is holy, even though her members are fallen human beings prone to sin. (Myself included).

Some people are hurt by sinful members of the Church, but no one is hurt by the Church itself. The Church’s mission is to help us get to heaven; to become holy, like our Head, Jesus Christ.

4. Mike says:

Not true Pat. At least not in the Catholic Church. The doctrines that the Catholic Church teaches now are the same as what the Apostle’s & the early Church taught. Studying the early Church fathers proves that to be true. And they learned it from Christ Himself.

5. Mike, what kind of church are you looking at, because so long as the Church is making ridiculous bank off of freely available and common wisdom, IT’S A BUSINESS.

Please, the Catholics have a huge history of trying to look extravagant and getting extra money. Full disclosure, RAISED CATHOLIC.

6. Sharon peters says:

Only drounding ones may see him…
    He sank beneath your wisdom like a stone~LEONARD COHEN

7. Rick says:

Obviously Mike has never been to the US. Either that or he’s plain blind.

8. Mike says:

Rick, wrong on both counts. God bless.

9. Rick says:

So, you’ve been to the US, you must have seen the many mega churches? They are basically multi-million dollar businesses.

10. Mike says:

I don’t know about the megachurches. I was speaking about the Catholic Church, which was founded on the rock of St. Peter by Christ Himself.

11. Mike, trust me. The Catholic Church has had mega-churches.

Ever heard of the cathedrals?

12. DoctorDJ says:

Sounds like Mike was suckled on the Kool-Aid.

Scratch that. Usually those born into a religion are dulled to the point of apathy by their teen years. I’ll bet Mike is a convert. They’re the most fervent.

13. Mike says:

Cecilia – the Cathedrals are built the way they are because they house the Most Holy Eucharist, the Real Presence of Jesus. The Eucharist is the source and summit of our Catholic Faith.

DoctorDJ – Nope. Not a convert. Just a sinner whom God has been merciful to.

14. Rhonda says:

David, I couldn’t say it better.

15. Mike, you really do sound like you drank far too much of the fruit punch. And I was RAISED Catholic.

Based on your post, you’re a RECENT convert.