8 Clues You are in a Controlling Church
- Power is not shared.
- Your needs and desires are denied.
- If you don’t comply you will be ignored or worse.
- Your discontent with the church is your fault.
- Little encouragement but lots of put downs (called constructive criticism).
- Doubts and questions are interpreted as betrayal.
- Shame is used to keep you in line.
- Your life feels micromanaged by the church.
Is this your experience? I know I’ve experienced it. I also know that as a pastor I was guilty of inflicting some of these. I’ve learned a lot!
This is something we talk a lot about at The Lasting Supper! Help yourself!
My art is 35% OFF with code ‘nakedpastordeal’. SHOP NOW!