The sinister story behind the “Left Behind” movie they don’t want you to know

"The Left Behind Story" by nakedpastor David Hayward

“The Left Behind Story” by nakedpastor David Hayward

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY. October 7th. I was born in ’57 and now I’m 57! Does that mean something? So why don’t you treat me AND treat yourself to my ONE DAY ONLY 50% OFF SALE on ALL my art. There are new pieces there! Just use coupon code “mybirthday“. SHOP NOW!

About the cartoon: the sad thing is that some people will laugh at this and think it is funny.

But some others will look at it and say I don’t get it! Because they think their god is in the business of scaring people.

I almost wrote “their god is in the business of scarring people”.

Same thing.

Have a great day! I plan on it. Happy Birthday to me!

COMMUNITY       BOOKS       ART       TEES

1. David Waters says:

Happy Birthday David!

2. Doug says:

There’s big money to be made in this apocalyptic nonsense. As if that weren’t bad enough, people are also going to be exposed to an interpretation of Scripture that’s not only scary but represents seriously warped theology. The whole thing makes me cringe.

On another, far brighter note, Happy Birthday, David!

3. kris799 says:

Happy Birthday, David!

The apocalypse is good for business. People give all their money to the church after they have purchased the necessary provisions (food, guns, bible, radio). And the strange thing is that the predictions keep coming and the dates are continually revised, yet people still believe it. If there really is such a thing as a rapture or the end of the world, how do you really prepare for that?!

4. Nan says:

happy birthday fellow October 7th celebrator. I have a few years on you so I can tell you to rejoice in your 50’s, live it up in your 60’s, and be grateful for your 70’s. Life is good as long as we can laugh and not take it too seriously! You help me do that, so I thank you.

5. Keetcha says:

Super Happy Birthday David!! Hope your day has been wonderful. 🙂

6. mike says:

We must sympathize with the underlying Motive here, however misguided the methodology might be. Most of us here came out of Traditional institutional Christianity because of it’s manipulative mindset of using fear and guilt as tools in the art of “persuasion”. The fundamentalists evangelical Pastors and Teachers are the ones who spur and encourage the use of these despicable psychological techniques. Isn’t it providential that the advent of the internet be used as the catalyst that exposes the whole paradigm of fear, manipulation and coercion upon the masses.

7. R Vogel says:

Many happy (and belated) returns!