The day this church watched their pastor perform a miracle!

"A Miracle!" cartoon by nakedpastor David Hayward

“A Miracle!” cartoon by nakedpastor David Hayward

Buy a print of this cartoon HERE. Use coupon code “iwant” for 20% OFF all my art!

In Luke 17, Jesus says that if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you could command this mulberry tree to be uprooted and planted in the sea. Many people like to take this to mean we could perform phenomenal miracles like raising trees, the sick, and the dead. In fact, Jesus used this after he taught his disciples to forgive, and his disciples responded with, “Increase our faith!”

The miracle is forgiveness.

Another rare miracle just as great is to apologize. Especially for leaders. For them to say sorry also seems as miraculous as uprooting trees and planting them in the sea.

Hey! Come over to The Lasting Supper! You’ll love what we’re serving.

1. Gale says:

sometimes I wish they would just take responsibility- that too seems very difficult for some but isn’t leadership about owning the good and the bad

2. Jill says:

Yes, apologize, but having their words mean something. I think those of us of a certain age remember the broken-down tv evangelists, who, after being caught red-handed, apologized and begged for forgiveness, mercy, etc.

With tears streaming, how much of that was simply sorry for getting caught?

3. Jarred H says:

Sadly, those kinds of miracles are extremely rare today, too.

4. Sede says:

Love is an Action Verb.
    Let your actions speak it.
    Let your words mean it.

5. doug walters says:

Classic!! Made me chuckle!!!

6. Now that really would be a miracle! The ‘pastors’ I know can’t even acknowledge their crap, let alone apologise for it!

7. Roland Frank says:

David,
    I wish I had never gone to YWAM, it really messed up my life.The church I was saved at had a lot of members that had been to YWAM.so the underlying message was that if you wanted to become real spiritual you would go to YWAM.,When a crisis happened 10 years later I eneded up going and I ahd panic attacks for an entire year afterwards.There is balance in the schristian life.I think some ministries and churches carry it to an extreme.

8. Yes Roland I agree… which is why sometimes some branches of religion is called extremism. Thanks for sharing. Glad you survived it.