the new Jesus leadership strategy

"Serpents Doves" cartoon by nakedpastor David Hayward

“Serpents Doves” cartoon by nakedpastor David Hayward

Some will be more upset that I used that word in the cartoon than the fact that our so-called leaders are actually doing it.

I’ll admit, I’m in a weird place these days. For a few reasons:

• I’m finished my first submission of my new book so I’m a little burned out.
  • I’m struggling with some kind of flu.
  • I’m baffled by the lack of character among our so-called Christian leaders.

If anything in the Jesus was clear, it was that he was for gentleness, peace, kindness, love, compassion. You know… those things that help us treat people well.

What I’m seeing among our so-called leaders is the opposite. They seem more interested in their dual idols, reputation and revenue, than caring for people. In fact, what I’m witnessing is not a kind of passive neglect of those who are hurting, but an active aggression against them.

So I’m trying to figure out what’s next. It’s one thing to help individuals. It’s another to change harmful systems.

I need more… more gentle as a dove stuff, but also more wise as a serpent stuff.

COMMUNITY       BOOKS       ART       TEES

1. Tom Wilson says:

I completely get it. I’ve talked about this for years myself. The sad thing is these people are just like the God they believe in. In some instances I’m not even sure its that they have made God in their own image. I actually believe in many cases its a mental condition created by believing in a loving God who can also send people to hell as that goes against all logic. I think that they actually believe they are loving just like their twisted imaginary God. Now I’m not saying that Source is imaginary, but just that their God is figment of their broken imagination.

2. Tim WB says:

“I’m baffled by the lack of character among our so-called Christian leaders.”

I’m confused, so-called leaders, so-called Christian, or so-called Christian leaders?

3. JRD says:

The Christian Bible has been sanitized during translation, so people have this odd mindset about rude or crude words. Unfamiliar euphemisms are often left as-is and rarely explained such as “hairs of the feet” is pubic hair. Some translations simply drop the reference altogether. Paul considered his pre-Christian works “shit”, but that gets sanitized for “loss” or “worthless”, losing a lot in the translation. I heard one of the prophets literally “pissed himself”, I forget which one.

4. Tim WB says:

JRD, as another commenter said a few weeks ago, the rudeness of a word in Englishoften depends on its root language. “Shit” and “fuck” are rude, but “faeces” and “copulate” are not. The former are Germanic in origin, the latter are Latin.

She said it was an example of the high church / common people split that has been embedded in the modern English language.

5. xuemei says:

paradox of the gospel. Reverse principle. The first shall be the last . The last shall be the first. We are called to serve. Reputation and revenue are not ours.

6. Kathy says:

And if it isn’t active aggression, it’s passive neglect, depending on what church you go to, who your pastor is, etc. I’d had a rough Sunday this week in response to a sermon preached. It was obvious I was upset. I was sitting so close to the front I’d wondered if the pastor would have seen my distress. If he did, he hasn’t reached out to ask me how I’m doing. Just one example of passive neglect.

7. Kathy says:

OH and sorry hit send to soon, sorry you aren’t feeling well David, hope you are able to get some rest and relaxation.