Is this better than church?

"Better than Church" cartoon by nakedpastor David Hayward

“Better than Church” cartoon by nakedpastor David Hayward

[Like this cartoon? Get a print HERE in my online GALLERY!]

I remember the first Sunday after I left the ministry and the church I pastored for so many years. It was one of the strangest days of my life. But it was probably one of the loveliest too.

Oh! Hey! Some people have contacted me about joining The Lasting Supper, my online community. They express their shyness. Don’t worry. We don’t bite. A great group of people! You will feel welcomed immediately. Our exclusive, private Facebook group is a great place to meet other people. Maybe even people in your own area! Yes, it happens. It’s not for everyone, but it could be for you. So I offer a 30-day money-back guarantee if you discover it’s not right for you. I warmly welcome you to check us out!

COMMUNITY       BOOKS       ART       TEES

Concerning : The Lasting Supper: any group of people that loves your cartoons has to be cool — I mean, heck, look at the stuff you draw. Great !

On a funny note, I am working in an urgent care clinic today (Sunday), and one of the other providers I work with got in trouble once because, in frustrations, with the number of people that crowded the clinic one Sunday morning, he yelled out, “Don’t you people believe in God!?” [implying they should be in church and not in our clinic with complaints of 2 days of sniffles] — The shower seems like such a better option. But I must say, I’d love to see you put more normal bodies in some drawings — you always have thin women (anyone every mention that?)

2. I tried to draw normal sized people but it ended up looking like a larger indescribable shadow. I had to have gaps in order to distinguish them as two bodies.

Though I am a slender build, I suggest a drawing/psych exercise of making sexy pics with obviously fat people — 2/3 of my patient population. For I am sure they have equally good times in the showers! 😉

Maybe you Canadians don’t tip the scales as far as the average American.

And I must say, I agree with many countries (and counter my own), that it is disgusting to keep the toilet in the same room as the shower/bath tub.

4. Tommy says:

I know I’d love this every Sunday morning! Haha I love you art 🙂

5. Reema says:

Dear Nakedpastor,

I am new to this whole expressing-religious-thoughts-via-a-digital-medium/blog thing. Forgive me if I am being too forward but as I embark on my own religious quest, I find expressions of art like yours both creative and thought-provoking. In my efforts to maintain dialogue across religions, I hope that you find my work http://thepathtopiety.blogspot.com as enjoyable as I find yours.

Thanks,

Reema

6. purvez says:

Reema, I can’t speak for David, but I certainly enjoyed both your posts and will visit again.

Only thing I’d note is that it is not easy to understand ‘how’ one would add a comment to a post.

7. Reema says:

Purvez, I agree and try to adhere to an implicit netiquette code that I think I have a subtle awareness of. Also, thanks so much for visiting my blog – come back soon!

8. Gary says:

“Is this better than church?”

Damn right it is!!!

9. Yes I checked out your blog Reema. Nice work. Thanks for commenting on mine.

10. Reema says:

Nakedpastor, thank you for checking it out! It’s a beginning to a long journey. Your feedback is important to me since you have a significant amount of experience.

Also, I’m enjoying your art and work so the pleasure (of commenting) is all mine.