How do the cremated get raptured?

"Cremated Rapture" cartoon by nakedpastor David Hayward

“Cremated Rapture” cartoon by nakedpastor David Hayward

[ALL ART 25% OFF code “neato”!]
I shared my “Reverse Rapture” cartoon yesterday on Facebook and it got a lot of attention.

So I thought I’d draw this one. I’ve been tempted to do it for a while now.

Seriously, though. This stuff used to occupy my mind.

You?

1. Ducatihero says:

Yup – used to. Enough said.

So in the “rapture” do we all, like, turn into popcorn in the microwave with our ashes? *wink*

That is hilarious!! I’m working today and broke out laughing when I saw this.

But it is sad too: First, most people would not find it funny. Because either they never hear about “the rapture” or they were never believers in this silly way of thinking. We laugh, because we recognize how stupid we were.

Laughing at others is easy, but laughing at ourselves and our past silliness is so refreshing, enlivening and freeing — and just fun!

Thanks for the laugh, David. [glad to leave the abuse and pastor bashing for a while and seeing your funny religious graffiti again!]

Oh, when I say, “sad”, I mean it is sad we ever bought into this religious foolishness : this and so much more.

4. Ducatihero says:

I find myself in agreement with you once again Sabio.

Laughing at our past silliness is refreshing, freeing and in that respect anything that we held to that is silly in religion.

Of course the legal definition of religion: is “Religion means any religion and a reference to religion includes a reference to a lack of religion.”

5. Actually I was bashing abusive pastors, etc. But I see your point. I’ve had a change of heart over the last month. I don’t want to contribute to the cycle of abuse I was inadvertently becoming a part of. I want to help break that cycle rather than perpetuate it.

6. Ducatihero says:

Making that comment about acknowledging inadvertently becoming part of the cycle of abuse and wanting to help break that cycle is surely conducive to that happening and to the engendering of respect for you David.

That’s a compliment.

@ David,
    Great decision, in my opinion, good cycle to step out of.

BTW: Isn’t there some Jewish rules about burial being the proper way of disposing of dead folks? In which case, we may have a theological debate as to whether intentionally cremated people will be raptured at all. 😉

9. But the rapture wouldn’t apply to Jews. 😉

10. Ducatihero says:

Or post millenials or amillenials 😉

BTW, I can imagine a cartoon pointing at the ridiculousness of the idea of “Heaven” too.
    It would show a good looking young folks partying in heaven (albeit, a holy party), while a group of old wrinkly bent over folks wondering why they weren’t turned back into them young selves, while their is a nursery in heaven with toddlers stuck forever skinning their knees and having ridiculous conversations. Not to mention all the other obvious weird situations about someone going to heaven.

Sure, we got the “New Body, New Mind” resurrection promise — but then it won’t be us anymore anyway. Why this doesn’t seem strange to people as much as this cartoon does is also bizarre to me.

Oh, concerning Jews, lots of Christians still feel OT (Jewish Bible – the Tanakh) still applies in large part to them , so burial rules are also followed by Christians.

13. Ducatihero says:

The only only idea being expressed that is ridiculous is your idea of “heaven” being ridiculous. Bad atheism is worth cartooning as much as any other bad religious expression.

Yes, along with my no-gods-ism, my no-spook-ism, and my no-unicorn-ism are also hilariously ridiculous.

15. Ducatihero says:

I thought you might have got your sarcasm in that list 😉