1. Bernardo says:

Winning the hearts and brains of humankind on line and in summary form:

“Thou Shall not Kill”
    “Thou Shall not Steal”
    “Thou Shall not Bear False Witness”
    “Thou Shall not Commit Adultery”
    “Thou Shall not Covet Thy Neighbor’s Wife/Husband”

(And thou shall die never to rise again – Al Ma’aari)
    Source: The Egyptian Book of the Dead using the form found in the OT.

“The Book of the Dead was written circa 1800 BCE. 2 The Schofield Reference Bible estimates that the Hebrew Exodus from Egypt and the provision of the Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai occurred in 1491 BCE., some three centuries later. Many religious liberals, historians, and secularists have concluded that the Hebrew Scripture’s Ten Commandments were based on this earlier document, rather than vice-versa.”

Hey Bernardo,
    What the heck does this have to do with David’s post?
    Looks like you need your own blog, friend.

David,
    You DO spend lots of time on-line. How many hours a day would you guess that you average?
    You use the internet well, and are a fantastic, refreshing presence.

4. Probably several hours a day, on and off. I should spend more time reading, writing, and doing art. But moderating comments here and on my other social media sites, as well as facilitating The Lasting Supper, keeps me online a few hours a day.

Ya, Bernardo… that’s a weird comment. It really makes me wonder.

Naw, David. We do not make enemies. I learned in my military years that our enemies were made long ago.

Our paths just happened to cross.

For example, black-or-white thinking causes many people to walk such a radically different path than yours.

– You are either their friend, or their father figure… and then, due to an error (on either person’s part), you become their absolute enemy. There is no gray in their thinking. You were ‘white’, but now you are ‘black’.

– However, I offer that there was no gray long before they met you. In past years, they were totally dedicated to God. They gave up years to the ministry. They pursued God. They were ‘all in’. They were ‘white’.

– Then, their faith collapsed in God, and God became totally ‘black’. They hated God. They hated church. And this is normal for a season of time…. but in time, I hope that can see the complexity of church – the ‘gray’ in the church helping the poor or providing a sense of community; while also maintaining fear and power over others.

– They may never leave the ‘anger’ phase of grieving… because to leave that phase, they must think in ‘gray’ tones.

Again, I offer that you do not make your enemies… your paths just happen to cross.

Hugs! Laugh! Enjoy! Life is filled with fascinating paths…..

Caryn

6. I get what you’re saying Caryn. I mean “enemy” in the technical sense of someone who opposes you. I don’t attach emotion to that. I don’t mean I hate people. Maybe they don’t even hate me.

Thank you, David, for explaining. I use ‘enemy’ for someone that I should destroy or kill. I use ‘opponent’ for someone that opposes me. I think since you went to seminary, and I went to the military, our training for proper terms is a bit different… lol.

Keep writing! Keep drawing! You help us think and see differently!

8. haha caryn… yes… military versus the clergy lol… we agree.

9. Bernardo says:

“Hey Bernardo,
    What the heck does this have to do with David’s post?”

The topic was about getting on-line. I just added some important on-line facts.

@ Bernardo,

It is important for you to realize that you were HUGELY off topic — instead, you were just pissing on a fire hydrant. You are making pathetic excuses and you know it. You can ignore the fact that in this post we all of us see you as a selfish-ranter whose agenda obstructs listening and useful interaction. It is all about YOUR agenda. Very religious of you, actually. Interesting irony. [remember, I am not a Christian either — and as upset about the dark side of religion as you]

11. Bernardo says:

Sabio, That is your take. Hope you enjoyed the enlightenment about the Book of the Dead. Too bad there was no internet back in those days. Would have saved us a lot of on-line time.

@ Bernardo
    Of course it is my take — and that of many reading.
    I ignored your rant of the book of the Dead or whatever. I ignore you when you rant without listening and thinking about what others are saying.
    Suggestion: post-pone your rants occasionally and respond to the post

13. Kathy says:

And then there are the “frenemies”…..

LOL, Kathy
    One thing I don’t do here or on my blog, is form tribes and reflexively defend someone supposedly of “my clan”. I think David is the same.

Too many Christians are loathe to criticize a fellow Christian on Atheist threads.
    Too many Atheists will avoid criticizing a fellow Atheist on a Christian thread.

Donald Trump, to his credit, is the only Republican that said he won’t knee-jerk vote Republican if he loses the primary. Defending those of like-opinions is boring.

15. Bernardo says:

Sabio,

The first line of the cartoon reads “The Dangers of Being On Line”. I disagreed by adding some factual, safe commentary to educate the hearts and brains of the readers of this blog.

Right, still not working, Bernardo. Though we feel and admire your religious fervor.

17. I get it now Bernardo. You sense of humor is as dark and mysterious as mine is sometimes.