thankful for turkeys

"Thankful for Turkeys" cartoon by nakedpastor David Hayward

“Thankful for Turkeys” cartoon by nakedpastor David Hayward

[Get this cartoon!]

Do you ever get the feeling people are thankful for you for selfish reasons?

Did you know over 300 million turkeys are killed each year in the USA alone for human consumption?

Yum!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends. I married one! (Not a turkey, an American.)

COMMUNITY       BOOKS       ART       TEES

1. Bernardo says:

And including a billions of living ears of corn to feed said fowl. We evolved by eating meat and hopefully we are continuing said evolution. So enjoy the day and your choice of meat 🙂 Happy Thanksgiving everyone !!

lol… Bernardo… to equate killing grain with killing animals. You are crazy… unless you hold all life forms as equally sacred? And… Bernardo, we most likely evolved by some other mechanism than eating meat.

Back to the subject… it is tough, to be honest… I cannot bring myself to kill my chickens. Yet, I can bring myself to eat their eggs. It is interesting that the closer I get to the animal, the less I can kill and eat it.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Don’t make friends with a turkey…. 😉

Caryn

3. Bernardo says:

See more on human evolution and the requirement for eating meat at: http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/99legacy/6-14-1999a.html . And I also hate dogs. The Koreans got it right with dogs being yum, yum good. 🙂

Bernardo: an interesting thesis. One paper. One person’s studied opinion.

Much evolution happened among the vegetarian species on this earth. Her thesis is interesting, but hardly anything more.

But, again, you have me curious. You are a trained scientist, just as I am trained in logic and evidences (computer security). You presented her singular thesis as if fact.

Why are you not more careful in your choice of words?

5. Bernardo says:

More background research as carried out by any good scientist:

“There is no doubt that human evolution has been linked to meat in many fundamental ways. Our digestive tract is not one of obligatory herbivores; our enzymes evolved to digest meat whose consumption aided higher encephalization and better physical growth. Cooperative hunting promoted the development of language and socialization; the evolution of Old World societies was, to a significant extent, based on domestication of animals; in traditional societies, meat eating, more than the consumption of any other category of foodstuffs, has led to fascinating preferences, bans and diverse foodways; and modern Western agricultures are obviously heavily meat-oriented. In nutritional terms, the links range from satiety afforded by eating fatty megaherbivores to meat as a prestige food throughout the millennia of preindustrial history to high-quality protein supplied by mass-scale production of red meat and poultry in affluent economies.”

plus:

6. Bernardo: I offer a challenge: from now on, post without any links or references to what other people say! Accept the challenge or I’ll have to conclude you’re just trolling and take action.

7. Bernardo says:

Dave, Just following up on Caryn’s request. I guess I should have said Google It. 🙂