Denied Jesus? No problem!

"Denying Jesus" cartoon by nakedpastor David Hayward

“Denying Jesus” cartoon by nakedpastor David Hayward

BUY A PRINT OF THIS CARTOON
Thanks to my friend Josh Felts for the idea for this cartoon.

Have you denied Jesus? Or Peter’s Jesus? Or Paul’s Jesus? Or Matthew’s, Mark’s, Luke’s, or John’s Jesus? Or your Jesus? Or my Jesus? Or the Baptist’s Jesus? Or the Catholic’s Jesus? Or the Pentecostal’s Jesus? Or the Red-Letter Christian’s Jesus?

I’ve denied the Jesus of my youth. That’s a good thing.

Many think I’ve denied their Jesus. That’s probably a good thing too.

(*** Are you lonely in your theological transition away from conservative beliefs? Join the rest of us at The Lasting Supper! ***)

1. Mike Bravener says:

This is so cool. I’ve never thought about putting that all together! Thank-you for reminding me that scripture must be read as a “whole” Amen!

2. Nice to hear from you Mike!

3. Brigitte says:

“I’d rather be in hell with Christ, then in heaven without him.”

Brigitte: seriously?

Why that apparent quote? and… what was the context for that speaker?

5. Kaatje Murakami says:

Understood. I denied the god of the cultic church my mum was in. Eventually quit Christianity and became an Asatruar.People misrepresent Jesus and that’s a bloody shame.

6. Brigitte says:

Apparently, Caryn, it is a Luther quote, but the sentiment is also expressed by others. Heaven is really defined by the presence of God. So even hell would be a good place, if he were there, and a heaven without the Lord, well it would not be heaven…

Anyways, Caryn, I left you a longish answer several posts back; I don’t know if you saw it. (What with all this negative self-talk.)

Thank you, Brigitte, for explaining the quote. I will search back for the ‘negative self-talk’ post.

Cheers! Caryn