LOL!!! For better or for worse, President Trump is the last stand of the white ultra-male.

It is white privilege to be racist, and yet adored by white Evangelical Christians. It is alpha-male to mock the disabled, and bully other candidates.

Yet those that believe in the Evangelical White Christ will not ‘reprove’ him… rather, they look the other way. Because, as another author wrote, their perception of the alpha-male Jesus is identical to their perception of the alpha-male President Trump.

Trump fits the picture of their Messiah that will save the last vestiges of the old order.

Hopefully, in four years, his good will be kept, and his bad reversed.

2. Kris778 says:

“I know extreme vetting and am the best at extreme vetting. No one can make it through extreme vetting like me.”

3. Brigitte says:

Did you know that Israelis are not allowed in 16 Muslim countries. Says Facebook. –Period. No vetting. No four months for some people to get checked over. I just double-checked it. The list is available on Wikipedia. There are also Muslim countries that will not give you entry, if your passport has a stamp from Israel and you have only visited there.

4. Brigitte says:

Yes, let’s just point out flaws in one evil segment, all the time, which is certainly never we ourselves.

Brigitte: what is the role of the church towards government?

David has already stated that the church should be taking a ‘prophetic’ role, and pointing out the evils and the good within the governing body.

And so, David is living up to his view.

I lean towards a similar stance, though I do not call it ‘prophetic’. We are privileged in the US and Canada, and allowed to speak our minds.

I would say, “Do not repay anyone evil for evil” and add “Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” [Romans 12:17 and 21]

Thus, imo our role is not ‘prophetic’; rather, our role is to overcome the evil of gross denial of immigration by doing good – as the Starbucks CEO just announced his intention to employ war refugees world-wide.

And, by the way, your Canadian Prime Minister just showed the open arms of Jesus far better than my President. I am jealous of your country this evening.

I offer that the scripture has better guidance in this case. ‘Repaying evil for evil’ is not the way for those of us that believe.

6. Brigitte says:

Let’s each of of first of all be “prophetic” to ourselves.

Second, whether or not Trump is being as elegant as possible about keeping his country secure, we have the whole world and media breathing down his neck already. There is nothing particularly “prophetic” about it.

The unwillingness to criticize Islam, Islamic governments, and such, is also not “prophetic”, maybe more cowardice. So, really, where is the prophet of this age?

7. You’re very critical too Brigitte.

It is ok, Brigitte. You are allowed your opinions, and I allowed mine.

To me, what makes Christianity so unique, is the teaching of Jesus. Otherwise, ‘christianity’ is just another religion of rules and games played with those rules.

I consider this: Jesus said, “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person.

“If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

“And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well.

“If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles.

“Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you….” [Matt 5]

What made Christianity unique was not just that ‘Jesus paid for the sins of the world’, but that Jesus gave us a standard which is amazingly giving and trusting in a God that sees all things.

Amazingly giving.

That is the challenge that Jesus presents to us.

Not ‘amazing national security’…. but ‘amazingly giving’.

As a former enlisted and officer in the US military, I understand the need for national security. It is a challenge. I hear your fears.

However, we must balance our nation’s need for security with our Christianity that is amazingly giving.

9. Brigitte says:

In my Facebook today: “So many of us grew up hearing, “don’t discuss politics in polite company.” …And now we have a whole generation that doesn’t discuss politics politely.
    While we could have been learning to discuss the tough, sensitive issues in a way that respects and tries to understand those who disagree, we’ve instead trained ourselves to timidly avoid hard issues until they’ve become so big that our only recourse is to shout, riot, insult, and, indeed, even punch each other on occasion. It would have been better to talk about it.”

Brigitte: LOL!! Seriously? You are admitting that you “shout, riot, insult, and indeed even (by metaphor) punch’ others?

Well… I knew you enjoyed the Lutheran custom of confession… but now, you have impressed me. 😉

At any rate, why are you posting that quote?

David kicks off a discussion, and you offer your reasoned thoughts, and your experience, with gentleness and calmness. Sabio chimes in. Shazza. Greg. Myself. and others.

Don’t we? 😉

11. Philip says:

Curious? What right does any Christian have to oppose trumps ban or wall while along beleiving in a God that turns people away. A God that tells people who call him Lord that he does not know them and not only turns them away but sends them to a place of eternal torment that he created for them. At least Trump is not torturing anyone(at least not yet). God has created the biggest wall and the greatest ban. Where are the riots for that?

12. Philip: I have no argument with your question.

13. Philip says:

I know you don’t David, thats what makes you so great;). But I am really actually curious. Where does the train of thought not carry over?

14. Technically I guess we could call it cognitive dissonance.