10 Reasons Why I Listen To Atheists Revisited
Lisa and I are taking the day off today to go to Fredericton. I want to visit the art store there and pick up some woodcut printing supplies. We also plan on hanging out over latt√É¬©s at Chapters for a while. So I dug back in my archives and pulled out this article that I posted back in August of 2006. Interested in your thoughts.
- I believe that all voices should be free to speak and to be heard.
- I believe that they are not afraid to ask some hard questions that I think need asking.
- I believe that God cannot be scientifically or logically proven, as they insist.
- I believe they have the ability to expose idiocy that has risen to the level of taboo.
- I believe their critique of church life can be more objective, therefore more incisive.
- I believe, as they argue, that the church and the state must be kept separate.
- I believe I must respect even the strongest opponent of my views and beliefs.
- I believe, since I have atheist friends, that most mean no harm.
- I believe they can, like anyone, employ measures that threaten human liberties.
- I believe that sometimes I have been one myself!