5 secret confessions
frank emanuel over at freedom log has tagged me to expose 5 things about myself that you may not already know. so here goes:
- i am a sinner in a saint's body: what i mean is, although i personally believe i behave within the bounds of what it means to be a christian and a pastor, as with Luther, Merton, Mohammed and other great saints, wine, women and song fascinate me, as well as a good smoke.
- i am a universalist in a christian's body: i was born and baptized anglican, had a "born-again" experience when i was 14 in a baptist church, changed to pentecostal, was ordained presbyterian, changed to vineyard, read and believe much of buddhism, zen, islam, hinduism, atheism and many other "ities" and "isms". i'm my own ecumenical movement!
- i'm a rich man in a poor man's body: i have very, very expensive taste. i automatically gravitate to the most costly item in any store or showroom, not because of the price-tag, but because i can spot luxury with my naked eye! for some reason i like the most expensive single-malt, wine, cigars, and dream of driving a luxury car. at the same time, i want to be a hermit with nothing but lisa and shack in the woods.
- i am a lesbian in a man's body: at least that's what i've been accused of, because apparently i'm so in touch with my feminine side. but i'm obviously a man because lisa says i can be such a jerk.
- i am an introvert in an extrovert's body: i can spend hours a day all by myself with no one anywhere around and not even notice. in fact, i've spent days totally isolated and have loved it. at the same time, i need the occasional party and love corporate worship and hearing of the word.