- We need a new kind of church.
- We need leaders who are willing to lead imperfectly.
- We need leaders who refuse the dazzling light of the pedestal.
- We need leaders who live in the midst of ongoing redemption and amazing grace.
- We need leaders who believe in a big God.
One of my online blogger friends, Olivia over at TappingLuau, sent me this link to an article on "Tearing Down the Pedestals" written by Renee Altson. Check it out for the full but short read. I was pleasantly surprised. I wholeheartedly agree with the article. I'll give the main points of her argument: