Animal Behavior Indicators
I was fooling around today and thought I'd come up with a list of 10 suggestions for keeping your sanity in church, or anywhere for that matter. It's a little on the light side. Have fun!:
- Be suspicious of all authority figures, especially those who bullishly claim to be.
- If you feel herded and corralled like a breeder cow, break rank and fence.
- Trust your animal instincts. Especially if a leader tells you it's wrong to think that way.
- If someone insists she's a sheep, sniff for a wolf.
- If you are told it is for your own good, turn on your heels like a spooked coyote and run!
- Don't be the eternal optimist who, furiously digging through all the manure, exclaimed, "There just MUST be a horse in here somewhere!" There is no horse.
- If you think you smell a rat, you smell a rat.
- If a leader acts like a weasel, then he or she's a weasel.
- Peacocks and pulpits do not belong together.
- If a leader uninvited roots around in your personal life like a pig for truffles, kick him in the snout.