Nakedpastor Makes New Year's Resolutions!
This is a picture of me and my wife Lisa on New Years Eve, 2008. I think it captures our mischievous joy. We wish you a happy new year. So here are a few resolutions I'm thinking about for my blog this year:
- to invite companies to advertise on my site so that it will earn some income (okay, that's crass, but out of the way!).
- to be more straightforward in my writing.
- to make my cartoons more honest and courageous, blowing the whistle on what I think the whistle needs to be blown on, and assemble a book of my cartoons with commentary.
- to be even more naked, open, honest and vulnerable... without compromising the privacy of my church community.
- to provide more information about my personal life as a pastor in such a way that other pastors might receive encouragement and even some help.
- to provide more information about my personal life as a church member in such a way that other members of church communities might receive encouragement and even some help.
- to make my blog a more open and unrestricted arena for an even greater diversity of readers, so that we all might witness and experience unity even among those with profoundly differing beliefs and non-beliefs.
- to read more, think more, meditate more, contemplate more, and to love more, in order to be able to write from a deeper well of wisdom for the sake of my readers.
- to write in such a way that the marginalized, lonely, disenfranchised, alienated and rejected among my readers might somehow be motivated to find a community to genuinely love and be loved in... again or for the first time.
- to inspire courage, creativity, uniqueness, individuality, honesty, boldness, open-mindedness and radical diversity, especially for those feeling harassed by a religious spirit that kills all the above.