When I was down in the Dominican Republic this last week I got up early every morning and walked the beautiful sand beach as the sun rose. I'm an early riser, so it was always a pleasure. One morning I took my journal. When I finished my walk I wrote down exactly, verbatim, what you read here. I do not claim to be a theologian. But these thoughts tease me like certainties that, once grasped with violence, escape me. They are subtle, shy and full of adoration:
- The love of all things. All beings. All life. My heart swells at the thought. My eyes get wet. The love. The benediction. Permeates all.
- There is no god with substance, form, location, existence. Yet all is full of benediction, blessing. But even this confines. All-theism. A-theism.
- Serve. Rescue. Liberate all! Faithful in little, faithful in much. There are none in, none out. All are. Rules divide. Faith expressed through love.
- Impermanence and transitoriness of all things. All things pass. Nothing is permanent. Change. Urgency. Now!
- Jesus is the historical event and undying incarnation of all the above. He IS, in whom all are and none aren't. To speak of him is not to speak of him. To not speak of him is to speak of him.
- The mind's perception is the deception. The utter ego-centricity, self-serving, self-serving, self-protecting, self-seeking, narcissistic obsession of the brain. See this and be healed of blindness.
Well, there you have it. See what the sun, sand, and Cervezas can do to you?!