Wow! Look what happens when Leadership listens to its people!
"Church Forgets Ears" (cartoon by nakedpastor David Hayward)
ALL MY ART is 30% OFF this weekend for Father's Day. Use coupon code "forfather" to claim your deep discount! Click¬†HERE¬†to shop!
I wrote a post in May, 10 Reasons Why Abuse is Easy in the Church
, and this story just proves my point.
The story in a nutshell:
- A man who was a youth leader is convicted¬†with two felonies for his sexual predation of a girl in his youth group.
- He writes an article that reveals that he obviously still doesn't get it.
- Christianity Today publishes it in their Leadership Journal which reveals that they obviously didn't get it either.
- Commenters beg them to take it down.
- Twitter hash tag #takedownthatpost goes crazy.
- Numerous bloggers demand the same, such as Tamara Rice, Samantha Field, Elizabeth Esther, H√§nnah Ettinger and Becca Roseand, and more (some of these bloggers have links to other bloggers sharing the concern.)
- Minors, victims of sexual predation, tell their stories, such as this one posted by Micah J. Murray.
- Christianity Today's Leadership Journal takes down the post and publish in its place an excellent apology that reveals they totally get it and are truly sorry. Read it for an example of a genuine apology and why the article should never have been posted in the first place.
to do better in the future.
That's leadership! Imagine if the church did this more often! All it takes is ears.
Thank you Christianity Today's Leadership Journal!
Don't forget to SHOP!