"Lead Yourself Astray" cartoon by nakedpastor David Hayward
<Join our online community The Lasting Supper! >
- Are you in a situation where you never know when the axe is going to come down?
- Are you living under perpetual fear of harm?
- Are you nervous in the presence of leadership that you can't seem to trust?
- Are you watching other people get hurt by authority?
- Are you anxious that you might be next?
- Are you afraid of the consequences for stepping out of line?
- Are you lacking the confidence you feel you need to lead yourself?
- Are you terrified that if you reject the abusive authority that you're going astray?
- Are you waiting for someone else to rescue you?
- Are you hoping that maybe the abuse or threat of it will just stop?
If you can answer yes to any of these questions, then maybe it's time to lead yourself astray.
That's my advice to you.
I welcome you to join The Lasting Supper
, our online community. Many of us are survivors of spiritual abuse. Many of us have led ourselves astray. Many of us are getting healthier too. Join us. And, by the way, even at The Lasting Supper, you are free to come and go whenever you want. We encourage spiritual independence and teach one another how to do it. Come on over! I will personally welcome you and introduce you to the others.